· (1) Allowance of deduction If a taxpayer elects the appliion of this section with respect to any mining or solid waste disposal property, the amount of any deduction for qualified reclamation or closing costs for any taxable year to which such election applies shall be equal to the current reclamation or closing costs allocable to—
(1) Background: Presentation of the method of increasing the competitiveness of the mining industry through the demonstration of the possibility and potential in closing the loop of supply chains through waste management; (2) Methods: The source literature analysis and an arithmetic analysis of the data of statistical materials and data obtained from business in static and dynamic perspectives ...
· No 1 source of global mining news and opinion. Shares in Red Lake Gold soared as much as to 27 Canadian cents on the news that Barrick has been granted the .
· Mining in Goa: damage to the environment greater than loss of revenue. Illegal mining in Goa is being projected as a bigger scam than Bellary. While revenue losses from illegal mining has been estimated at about Rs 3,000 crore, the loss by way of damage to the environment and loss of livelihood has not been estimated.
· Waste disposal. Waste disposal remains the predominant means of managing waste in South Africa and there are an estimated 1,200 landfill sites currently in operation throughout the country. Waste disposal sites are controlled under Chapter 5 of the National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act 59 of 2008) with effect from 01 July 2009.
· EPA Causes Massive Spill of Mining Waste Water in Colorado, Turns Animas River Bright Orange. People kayak in the Animas River near Durango, Colorado, August 6, in water colored from a mine waste ...
· How the EPA managed to spill 3 million gallons of mining waste into a Colorado river. Over a million gallons of mine wastewater have made their .
· Today the mines are closed, but a legacy of uranium contamination remains, including over 500 abandoned uranium mines (AUMs) as well as homes and water sources with elevated levels of radiation. Potential health effects include lung cancer from inhalation of radioactive particles, as well as bone cancer and impaired kidney function from exposure to radionuclides in drinking water.
· Landfill mining and reclamation at landfills across the US is gaining momentum as some waste companies make moves to profit from trash buried at the sites. Advanced radar may be used to loe resources and uncover materials, and municipalities could benefit from a new revenue stream created by taking advantage of closed landfill sites.
· Seabed mining is coming — bringing mineral riches and fears of epic extinctions. Plans are advancing to harvest precious ores from the ocean floor, but scientists say that companies have not ...
15 hours ago · The scientists have thermally modified chemically inert feldspars found in mining waste, such as albite and microcline. The in situ growth of more affordable transition metal nanoparticles, rather than noble metals, on these commonly available feldspar minerals is being used to promote electroalytic oxygen evolution reaction (OER) activity for electrochemical water splitting into hydrogen.
Ministry of Mines is responsible for survey and exploration of all minerals, other than natural gases, petroleum and atomic minerals, for mining and metallurgy of nonferrous metals like aluminium, copper, zinc, lead, gold, nickel, etc. and for administration of the Mines and Minerals (Regulation and Development) Act, 1957 in respect of all mines and minerals other than coal, natural gas and ...
Most legislation requires that mine proponents show that any waste resulting from mining activities can be technically and economically managed. Some legislation requires the posting of bonds to ensure that reclamation will take place when the mine is closed. General provincial environmental or waste management legislation also applies to ...
Very crude estimates compiled by the United Nations Environment Programme (1991) indie that mining activities, apparently in this case including oil and gas production and coal mining, account for about threequarters of the solid wastes generated annually in Canada, onethird in the United States, onetenth in the European Community, and onetwentieth in Japan.
· The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) sought stakeholder feedback on its proposed changes to the wording of Regulation 86 in the Mining Regulations 1981. Submissions closed 20 July 2018. Please email your feedback to
· The Aug. 4, 2014, collapse sent 24 million cubic metres of mine waste into Quesnel Lake, ... Closed Captioning and Described Video is available for many CBC shows offered on CBC Gem.
Reclaiming (or mining) a closed landfill provides an opportunity to remove waste from problematic loions, which may otherwise lead to potential risk to human health and the surrounding environment, so that land use can be maximized and may also result in the recovery of potentially valuable materials (, metals, combustibles, soil).